Remove Internet Explorer 7

jackpan

I own a laptop with XP Pro installed. The laptop was purchased with XP Pro pre-installed and do not have the XP install disk. I downloaded Explorer 7 and hated it. I then went to add/remove programs and uninstalled it. Since that time I constantly receive error messages when I click on a website saying, "Explorer has encountered a problem and must close". I then have three options, debug, send error report, and don't send. After selecting any of them I am brought back to my desktop and have to start all over again. I never had this problem before downloading Explorer 7. There appears to be a conflict with Explorer 6 and 7. What I would like to do is a repair of Explorer 6 or a complete reinstall of Explorer 6. Before doing this I would like to remove all remnants of Explorer 7 from the laptop first. Please bear in mind I do not have the XP install disk. I can assure you the laptop is virus free and all junk files have been removed. I even ran CHKDSK with zero results.

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Explorer and Internet Explorer are 2 different things. It might be useful to set up your pc to create a full memory dump when Explorer crashes, archive the file and upload it somewhere so we can have a look at it. If you don't know how to configure the pc for a full memory dump, see this thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=90244

The truth is I never liked the way the laptop performed from the day I got it. I use it primarily as a travel computer taking it with me on trips. It is not my main computer. Secondly I never liked owning a computer without the installation disk. Today I did a clean install of Windows 2000. The laptop is now flying. What a huge difference. In any event I want to thank you for replying to my post. Sorry for the trouble. We can now put this thread to bed.