Hotfixes and Updates

alivelighting

Hi folks, new guy here.

I got started with nLite earlier today, and I seem to have developed what I feel is a stupid question. The thing that makes me wonder the most is what the correct procedure for procuring a list the hotxies and updates to be included with the unattended install disk. The KBXXX references - is there a way to determine exactly which ones a user needs to download?

I'm working from a Service Pack 2C disk. Everything is set up except the hotfixes and updates.

My current method, as I read it on a few posts here, was to install the OS and upon the first Windows Update session, grabbing all of the updates to be installed during the initial visit to Windows Update. I went through the list, item at a time, and downloaded them all. Is there another way to do this? Is there a file or website that tells me which ones I need to get without having to check using the Windows Update method I described? I guess I'm looking for a place that would give me a list of all the KB numbers I needed to download.

Thanks, I hope that makes sense to everyone.

J

Well, you can go here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=86450 OR, you can do what I did, I quit doing this, trying to keep up with it all, and just slipstreamed sp3, which contains everything from sp1-sp3, don't have to install sp2. There are other ways, including going to some sites that have update packs, http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/search.php?mode=results, in which case, again you don't have to keep up with each individual one.

Your choice,

Eddie