How to edit UAC window?

ashraf21c

Hi! all of us knows that UAC window(User Account Control).....(attached)

I want to add some file extensions or some specified files to its control....

I knew how to defaul-deny but I want to apply the UAC control to be able to choose :run or deny

post-156854-1198608353_thumb.png

Hi Ashraf, I do not think you've expressed yourseves clearly. What do you mean? Do you want to add a button "Deny?" If so just click "Cancel."

If you want some programs be unaccessible to a specific user you have to take a different route. In the user account control GUI you have to specify permissions for this user that will exclude certain folders or file groups, etc. The windows you showed here have nothing to do with the problem.

If you wish the windows asking permissions not to show up, it is doable. There is a post somehere up the line I cannot recall the nice guy's name who provided it. He described how it is supposed to be done.

BTW UAC per say is not that window that stares in your face. You have to invoke it with lusrmgr.msc API or go thru Control Panel. You can also use command line APIs like gpupdate.exe or gpresult.exe in Windows\System32\ to preview an account or set/change permissions.

Edited by alexBB

Hi my friends! I mean that I want to use that UAC window to run/deny some file extensions (bat,inf,etc over to 17 ones ) and to run/deny some files of my choice even they are safe(details in the nxt msg)....I know how to default deny them but the action here is to deny them automatically even if I may want to allow them just one time(and here I have to re-edit GP)

with UAC I can choose to run it or deny accessing it everytime and that`s what I want to know how to do.

Instead of always deny exe,inf,etc files just have the ability to choose the action everytime...

Edited by ashraf21c

gosh...I tried thE secpol.msc JUST NOW...

i can add the extensions now....tnx a lot

just want now to do the same restricting with some files

such as autorun files((inf etc)) as I want to enable them when using original CDs,and to deny access them when using my removable disk (U3 Flash drive) as sometimes I get a virus infection in that drive when I use it on another PC and it has an INF autorun script to infect my PC immediately>>>>**** it!!!

secpol.msc