Having Files placed on Desktop during Windows Install

phil8821

I am really new to using nLite, so my apologies for my ignorance of the basics.

I have been reading around and I am a little confused as to how I can do an addon program.

I am currently working with XP Pro x64 and plan on playing around with Vista x32 as well.

Heres the example I am working with. Adobe Reader Installer. Now I cannot just drop that into the Addon Box, right? Can I juts simply archive it to a zip and drop that? I lookd around the forums and although I am sure I missed one, I had trouble finding a concrete answer to this.

Now my real question. I overclock and work with my computer a lot so I always like to have a folder of Orthos Beta Prime, CPU-Z, SuperPi and Coretemp on my desktop. They are executable programs that do not require an install. Is there some way to create a Windows Installation that will automatically place that folder onto my desktop during the Windows Installation?

Thanks,

Phil

You can either create addons by yourself, or simply donwload them (!) from nLite's site or www.winaddons.com. Here is Adobe Reader 8.

On your second question, i do not think you can have nLite drop a file folder of your choice on your desktop. You just want the .exe's there (in which case you can simply copy/paste the thing afterwards) or you want them to autorun on first boot (in the latter case, use the RunOnceEx).

Edited by faimag

thanks for the help guys. that addon page is very helpful.

Carl,

I am not gunna lie, i barely understood what you just said. I am really new to this stuff and still am working out where to put this code and how to create thigns with cmd. before i left my computer i was still working on how to create custom addons. I dont want to ask you to write me a full fledge tutorial but any extra information would be helpful. I am currently away from my computer for about 3 more days so I wont be able to really take a look into this. Thanks again

Edited by phil8821