Can I Edit the XP pro X64 Boot Screen

IMPhill

Hello, I was wondering if you could change the default boot screen from the boring "Windows XP Professsional X64 Edition" one to some maybe more colourful...

I have tried programs that say they change it but they dont seem to work under a 64-bit system. I was wonding what i had to change and where/how. any sort of input would be nice thanks :thumbup . I dont mind doing the work myself, its just I dont know what to do...

Edited by IMPhill

Take a boot such a time on your machine? :whistle:

I think it is just a bitmap in one of the systemfiles and you can edit it like the same way as in Windows XP 32-bit. But the bitmap could locate elderly in the file because you face 64-bit code.

Just use a HEX editor (search for the BalusC server in the Netherlands, there are translation pages, but Dutch is in the computerworld almost English), so compaire the startposition of the bitmap and insert the custom image into the file. It must be exact the same size and resolution or it will fail utterly!

A hard job you choosen for.

Some nasty things happens! The server is down forever. :o:no:

It was a very, very usefull server with lot's of professional information. No, this could not be true :(

Here: (also in English!) http://balusc.xs4all.nl/bye/bye.html

:realmad:

Edited by Extravert

Take a boot such a time on your machine? :whistle:

I think it is just a bitmap in one of the systemfiles and you can edit it like the same way as in Windows XP 32-bit. But the bitmap could locate elderly in the file because you face 64-bit code.

Yeah...any idea where i might find it?

Cause i edit one and it didnt do anything...so i was wondering if there was another file I need to edit cause of the x64 thing.

• 4 weeks later...