Problem: KB892130 - KB905474 - KB933360

LeveL

Thanks to TommyP and everyone else who makes HFSLIP possible!

I have slipstreamed everything into Windows XP apart from the "User Profile Hive Cleanup Service"

Just posting because I had three hotfixes that are still required...

1 - KB892130 - I visited "Microsoft Update" and before it would scan for required updates, it said "Software Upgrade for Some Windows Components Required" then below there is a details link saying I need "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)". I do not have this hotfix in any of my HFSLIP folders because the hotfix (KB892130) is not mentioned on the Windows XP SP2 Update List After clicking "Download and install now" for that "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)" I scan for updates and Windows Update says I need:

2 - KB905474 - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification. The link address on the Update List page for KB905474 is a dead link - LINK TO EXE So assuming I just need the file WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86-Standalone.exe I found this file HERE. NOTE: I tried HFSLIP both with the original file and with an extracted file renamed to WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86-Standalone.exe and neither worked. I have checked the HFCABS folder and do not have LegitCheckControl.cab in that folder (which I read could cause the problem on other posts about this hotfix)

3 - KB933360 - Update for Windows XP. Installing this update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2007 due to revised Daylight Saving Time laws in many countries. I do have this hotfiix in HFSLIP's "HF" folder. This is just directly downloaded from the link on the update list page.

I am using nLite to remove a lot of stuff, IE7, WMP11, Windows Update etc are all kept but a ot of other stuff is removed. However, I did make sure to paste the "KeepFiles" list from Vorck.com into the nLite "Advanced" option.

HFSLIP.LOG file:

HFSLIP_Log_File.zip

As for KB892130, I found that Microsoft recently updated the page for the article, but they do not provide a direct-download link to the latest version, just a bit more information regarding what KB892130 is. - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892130

For KB933360, try: http://www.msfn.org/board/4th-cumulative-t...IP-t101182.html

"Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)". I do not have this hotfix in any of my HFSLIP folders because the hotfix (KB892130) is not mentioned on the Windows XP SP2 Update List
It is: "Windows Genuine Advantage" in the section "Downloading from Microsoft web sites (for Windows)". The file is called LegitCheckControl.cab.
Windows Genuine Advantage Notification. The link address on the Update List page for KB905474 is a dead link
Thanks. I have updated the link.
I tried HFSLIP both with the original file and with an extracted file renamed to WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86-Standalone.exe and neither worked.
Someone else just reported a problem with it too. I need to check it out because it used to work (the original).
I have checked the HFCABS folder and do not have LegitCheckControl.cab in that folder (which I read could cause the problem on other posts about this hotfix)
You need the latest LegitCheckControl.cab. The LegitCheckControl.dll file in the KB905474 package is still dated February 2007 while the one in the most recent LegitCheckControl.cab package is from last month.
KB933360

I do have this hotfiix in HFSLIP's "HF" folder. This is just directly downloaded from the link on the update list page.

HFSLIP doesn't support the time zone updates directly because special characters aren't parsed correctly. You can use the 4th cumulative time zone update plugin for HFSLIP but be advised that it contains the 4th cumulative time zone update from December 2007 while Windows Update still wants you to have the 3rd cumulative time zone update for the time being. They will probably update Windows Update with it tomorrow -- if not, on the 8th of January.
I am using nLite to remove a lot of stuff, IE7, WMP11, Windows Update etc are all kept but a ot of other stuff is removed. However, I did make sure to paste the "KeepFiles" list from Vorck.com into the nLite "Advanced" option.
I suggest you use this utility instead if you want to make sure everything is covered.

It looks like there's a newer version of KB905474 from April 2007. If you install it through Windows Update, you can find it back in WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download.

This newer version is only supported with HFSLIP 1.7.1rc8 or newer.

BTW... If you're up to it, please look in WindowsUpdate.log (WINDOWS folder) for the download link and post it here.

BTW... If you're up to it, please look in WindowsUpdate.log (WINDOWS folder) for the download link and post it here.

Sorry, I had it installed in VMware and have since re-installed, but I am getting back round to it.

I will check the log file for the link-to-exe once its updated again. ;)