XP Wireless networking troubles...

dieguy

I'm trying to network a desktop system running XP pro using a USB Wireless device(Compaq) to a Compaq Laptop w/an Ipaq pcmcia wireless card installed on it, running XP Home ed. Laptop wireless card is used sucessfully on a different network at home. I cannont get it to work properly with the desktop at work-originally MS XP tech helped me to get it working-worked for one day then on bootup on 2nd day, it no longer recognized other system. Both drivers of wireless dev.appear to be installed properly. Both drivers of dev.are set for ad-Hoc or peer to peer network. Can anyone offer any advice-Windows Techs are researching this and supposed to get back to me in 3-5 days.They said its "unusual".Compaq support is non-existant, unless I want to pay them, with no guar.of results(This is brand new equipment-don't buy compaq-thier support policy is terrible.

Have you tried checking double checking all of your IP addresses, etc... Have you tried using Ipconfig -all ? NEtstat? etc... I would advise you to CHECK YoUR IP ADDRESSES, sounds like to me when you rebooted the PC, a default value was reinstalled on one of your IP protocols! TRY CHECKING these and then report your finds. Also make sure you are logging on as the administrator when you make these system changes as doing so as a user would be futile.

Big Booger