Advance INF Install ERROR

th3an0nym0us3

@T13, the following notification shows up:

Advance INF Install

Error can not find

c:\windows\hfslip\hfslpxxx.inf

*note: xxx denotes a number, see attached picture

...followed every instruction and reminder posted at the website, at first i thought the inf error was brought about by the codec files i included, since this was the first time i tried incorporating codecs (in HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS directory), so i deleted the folder ...but the same error comes out at T13.

i have run hfslip succesfully before, the only difference now is i am using a Dell RTM xpcd instead of a VLK xpcd, does it make any difference? any ideas why i'm getting this kind of error now?

06_hfslip.rar

Are you running nLite or a similar tool after HFSLIP?

I see several problems with your log, though they shouldn't cause this to happen. You have no less than 5 cumulative security updates for IE7 and 2 "cumulative" updates for the vulnerability with VML. Many files in your HFCABS folder aren't supported either.

I HIGHLY recommend re-creating the dell CD from scratch. You'll need a few files from what you have, and a clean XP cd (must be the same edition). Take all OEMBIOS.* files, SETUPP.ini, and dump them into the clean XP's I386 folder. Make sure to overwrite all the files in there. If you're not integrating any drivers, and expect to have the same compatibility as the original Dell CD (or if you KNOW you're going to run into an Adaptec SCSI controller, or DELL PERC card, or Intel SATA controller), you'll need to grab a few drivers from the DELL cd, and create an HFEXPERT folder, then create a new subfolder called STORAGE. You'll need to download the storage.ini file from here: http://www.msfn.org/board/Integrating-SATA...LIP-t84572.html, and place the following files from your original DELL cd into the HFEXPERT/STORAGE folder:

a320mgt.cat
a320mgt.inf
a320raid.cat
a320raid.inf
a320raid.sys
aac.cat
aac.inf
aaccin.dll
aacevt.exe
aacmgt.inf
aarich.cat
aarich.inf
aarich.sys
aichmgt.cat
aichmgt.inf

If you have these files, grab them as well:

IDECOI.DLL
NVATA.CAT
NVATA.SYS
NVATA_4.INF
NVATABUS.SYS
NVCOI.DLL
NVIDE.NVU
NVUIDE.EXE

Grab the following from intel's latest ATA INF package (Available for download here, you'll need to extract the files by use of 7zip or winrar. you may need assistance, so be sure to ask.):

iaahci.cat
iaahci.inf
iastor.cat
iastor.inf
IaStor.sys

@Tomcat76

nope, i did not use nlite yet

prior to reading your reply, i was able to run the hfslip successfully again by using a vlk xpcd, without changing/deleting anything but the SOURCE (from dell_rtm to vlk XPCD), installation on virtual pc ran without any errors

i'm assuming now that the errors may be brought about by the $OEM$ folder AND $Dell*CAB files found in the I386 folder of the dell_rtm xpcd

@jimmsta

the first Advance INF Install error reads: "Error could not locate INF file 'C:\windows\hfslip\presys.inf" followed by ..\playlist.inf ..followed by c:\windows\hfslip\hfslpxxx.inf errors (about 60 xxx errors ) ...making my initial assumption that the additional dell files might be the culprit, i'll try re-creating the dell CD from scratch, as mentioned

thanks for the replies