Updates not installing from Setupcomplete.cmd

I had to left some updates out of the integrated image because they integrate well but won't install in a real scenario.

I have about 5-6 updates i want to install with silent switches using Setupcomplete.cmd

In Setupcomplete.cmd i call a batch file which applies some registry tweaks and run two intel drivers silently. This without any problems. For the updates i want to install i have them all in MSU format (as you download them) and one in MSI (CAPICOM). The only one that gets installed is the MSI. All MSU failed to install and i don't know why.

The switches i'm using are /quiet /norestart. I also have them sorted by number.

any ideas, suggestions? thanks.

I had to left some updates out of the integrated image because they integrate well but won't install in a real scenario.

I have about 5-6 updates i want to install with silent switches using Setupcomplete.cmd

In Setupcomplete.cmd i call a batch file which applies some registry tweaks and run two intel drivers silently. This without any problems. For the updates i want to install i have them all in MSU format (as you download them) and one in MSI (CAPICOM). The only one that gets installed is the MSI. All MSU failed to install and i don't know why.

The switches i'm using are /quiet /norestart. I also have them sorted by number.

any ideas, suggestions? thanks.

You need wusa.exe in the path

example :

wusa.exe "X:\VistaUpdate\Windows6.0-KB938979-x86.msu" /quiet /norestart

i moved them to FirstLogonCommands and it works great. Will try WUSA.exe in Setupcomplete.cmd. thanks.

one question, Setupcomplete.cmd reboots the computer or it displays the login right away? im thinkin of installing SPTD in this stage but it is necessary a reboot in order to install alcohol silently in my FirstLogonCommands.

thanks.

But Alcohol installation need a reboot pior to its setup because of SPTD driver. I can't remember now if the computer reboots or not after finishing the execution of setupcomplete.cmd. If it doesn't Alcohol won't install in FirstLogonCommands.

Will try it.