Several problems need solving

So, I decided to make my own XP without some components that I dont need. Installed correctly but:

-I used nLite to remove some components, but now I cant install several programs. MSN 8.5 just gives an error, 8.1 and 7.5: I get the installation picture, click on next, it vanishes and nothing happens. Same happens to Steam. Why, what did I remove I dont have to?

-How can I change the welcome, shutting down, and applying system settings screen?

-I read the article about unattended program installing, copied the files and .reg's to $OEM$/$1/install, edited RunOnceEx.cmd but it only copied the files onto C: but didnt install it or apply the reg file.

Thats all for now, thx to whoever will solve it:)

-I used nLite to remove some components, but now I cant install several programs. MSN 8.5 just gives an error, 8.1 and 7.5: I get the installation picture, click on next, it vanishes and nothing happens. Same happens to Steam. Why, what did I remove I dont have to?

What Not To Remove For Some Programs

-How can I change the welcome, shutting down, and applying system settings screen?

Customizing Windows

-I read the article about unattended program installing, copied the files and .reg's to $OEM$/$1/install, edited RunOnceEx.cmd but it only copied the files onto C: but didnt install it or apply the reg file.

$OEM$ folders do nothing more than copy files to the place where you want them. The variable $1 refers to the root of the patition where you're installing Windows to. If Windows is installed on your C-drive for exaple, this means that a folder is created in the root of your C-drive called "install". The contents of $OEM$\$1\install get copied to this newly created folder. Nothing more than this happens. If C:\install contains files which should be installed, registered, et cetera, you can do so via RunOnceEx for example. Below is an example of how to import a registry file via RunOnceEx which you previously copied to C:\install. Change where necessary of course.

REG ADD %KEY%\123 /v 1 /d "REGEDIT /S %SystemDrive%\install\your_registry_file.reg" /f

Hope this helps.