Slipstream Directx 9

yosherlock

Hello. Good afternoon. I want to integrate in the files of installation of Windows XP the Directx9.

According to I read, doing it with HFSLIP in WinXP SP2 is not possible, but yes in SP1.

I have copied the contents of the CD of Windows XP in the hard disk, and I have integrated the SP1 for him.

SP1.EXE - s:Folder

And now I have moved the contents of the folder to the folder HFSLIP's SOURCES.

In the folder 'HF' I have copied 'directx_9c_redist.exe'

Now, I execute HFSLIP and it is out of service.

Please help me.

According to I read, doing it with HFSLIP in WinXP SP2 is not possible, but yes in SP1.

I have no idea where you read that, but it's complete nonsense. I would suggest that you start by simply reading all the pages on the HFSLIP web site. If you follow it to the letter, you should end up with a fully up-to-date installation source, including if you want DirectX 9.0c (November), Internet Explorer 7, Windows Media Player 11, et cetera.

You can do it with windows xp sp2. Add directx_9c_redist.exe in hf folder and there you go.

I'd just like to check. This doesn't make it an unattended install does it? It still prompts for the Accept and where to extract to? I think I had this problem so I repackaged it to become a switchless installer but if I did something wrong let me know :)

HFSLIP supports slipstreaming of the DirectX 9.0c core for Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP1, Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Windows Server 2003 SP2.

HFSLIP supports slipstreaming of DirectX 9.0c extras for Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP1, Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Windows Server 2003 SP2.

directx_9c_redist.exe = DirectX 9.0c core only

directx_mmmyyyy_redist.exe = DirectX 9.0c core + extras

If your source OS is Windows XP SP2, HFSLIP will extract directx_9c_redist.exe but it won't do anything with the files because slipstreaming the DirectX 9.0c core is not supported for Windows XP SP2. It is not supported for XP SP2 because XP SP2 already contains the DirectX 9.0c core.