Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

What do you mean "used for private purposes"?

Microsoft, nLite, Client-Technical support, etc., related legal problems?

nLite is freeware, but it is not allowed to use it for business.

Look here.

Oh...! I see...

dino[dot]nuhagic/@/gmail does not give any kind of support about it.

Even will not replay about this topic.

So sad...

Thanks again.

Dino Nuhagic (nick name: Nuhi) has spent a lot of time to develop the tools nLite and vLite.

I repeat: Only the private use of the tools is allowed. Any business use is against the law.

Dino Nuhagic (nick name: Nuhi) has spent a lot of time to develop the tools nLite and vLite.

I repeat: Only the private use of the tools is allowed. Any business use is against the law.

I understand perfectly.

My apologies if this question was misunderstood.

As you said, this tool is for private use only.

I will try DriverPacks.

Thanks for your support.

I have an OEM XP disc that came with a Dell system which detects my hd's properly during setup, however the server 2003 disc I am attempting to use does not. I cannot for the life of me find the right storage drivers to integrate with this disc. Since I know the drivers are on my xp disc, is it possible to just rip every single driver this XP disc has installed to guarantee it gets transplanted to my 2003 disc?

Update: Well I finally figured out why I couldnt get any txtoem drivers to work, I had yet to actually download the right ones! My board is using an ICH6-R chipset, the drivers provided here went as low at ICH6-M, but no R. I thought for sure downloading everything from driverpacks.net, and everything from here would eventually reveal the correct driver. What really sucks is that I had to download this driver from intel's site, which was formatted as a self-extracting installable exe, which HAD to have a working floppy drive to write the drivers to. So I then had to connect a floppy drive to let their little utility write the drivers to it, then I could copy the inf files out and let nlite slipstream them in. WHAT A PAIN.

Edited by Airbus

@ Airbus:

Welcome at MSFN Forums and thank you for your report.

You probably would have been able to take one of the already prepared drivers I have presented within my guide, but unfortunately I forgot to mention, that the ICH5R driver works with ICH6R Controllers too. I am sorry about that.

As a consequence I have just updated my guide regarding this point.

Thanks again!

Fernando

I am trying to install XP in a separate partion of my new computer because some of my programs don't function with Vista. Since the new PC has no floppy, I repeated the process with nLite several times. After copying my original XP CD slipstreaming the SATA driver I get a blue screen before the installation starts. After copying the original XP CD adding SP2 and the SATA drivers I get a blue screen before the installation starts. Copying the original XP CD adding SP3 and the SATA driver works well until the XP installation stops at the moment it asks for the production key. I checked with nLite and the number is exactly the same (it's the very same number that was also in my old computer), but it says that it's invalid even before the number appears, and the installation refuses to proceed with any other number or without it. I've been trying to solve this problem for weeks already. What can I do to fix it?

Copying the original XP CD adding SP3 and the SATA driver works well until the XP installation stops at the moment it asks for the production key. I checked with nLite and the number is exactly the same (it's the very same number that was also in my old computer), but it says that it's invalid even before the number appears, and the installation refuses to proceed with any other number or without it. I've been trying to solve this problem for weeks already. What can I do to fix it?
It is a known problem with the SP3 integration from within a non-XP environment by using nLite.

Solution: The SP3 integration should be done either with nLite while running Windows XP or with another method (for example manually).

Hello,

I've got a problem. I have a Dell XP SP2 disc which I want to slipstream SP3. My drive is not recognized when I try to install the nlite version. I'm unsure of what inf file I need. I located the txtsetup.oem on the windows xp SP2 disc and it's posted below.

; ****************************************************************************
; ** Filename: TxtSetup.OEM

[Disks]
disk1 = "Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver", iaStor.sys, \

[Defaults]
scsi = iaStor_ICH7DH

;----------- Component Section -----------

[scsi]
iaStor_ICH7DH = "Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)"
iaAHCI_ICH7R = "Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)"
iaStor_ICH6R = "Intel® 82801FR SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"
iaAHCI_ICH6R = "Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"

;-------------------------------------------

[Files.scsi.iaStor_ICH7DH]
driver = disk1, iaStor.sys, iaStor
inf = disk1, iaStor.inf
catalog = disk1, iaStor.cat

[Files.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH7R]
inf = disk1, iaAHCI.inf
catalog = disk1, iaAHCI.cat

[Files.scsi.iaStor_ICH6R]
inf = disk1, iaStor.inf
catalog = disk1, iaStor.cat

[Files.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH6R]
inf = disk1, iaAHCI.inf
catalog = disk1, iaAHCI.cat

;-------------------------------------------

[Config.iaStor]
value = "", tag, REG_DWORD, 1b
value = "", ErrorControl, REG_DWORD, 1
value = "", Group, REG_SZ, "SCSI miniport"
value = "", Start, REG_DWORD, 0
value = "", Type, REG_DWORD, 1

;-------------------------------------------------------

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaStor_ICH7DH]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104","iaStor"

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH7R]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106","iaStor"

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaStor_ICH6R]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104","iaStor"

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH6R]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106","iaStor"

Here's a pic of what driver it shows in Device Manager:

52511047.jpg

@ majax79:

The question is not, which INF file you need (nLite will copy all of them onto the CD), but which driver version you should take.

Unfortunately you didn't write anything about your system (name of the mainboard/notebook/desktop computer and the Southbridge chipset).

Since you have added a picture of the device manager and the driver used by the device "Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller", this may help us.

Please do a right click onto the Controller again, but choose the "Details" instead of the "Driver". Within the "Property" part you will see a drop-down menue. Choose the "HardwareID's" and do a picture of it.

@ majax79:

Thanks for your quick reply.

Your SATA hdd should be connected by the Windows XP Setup, if you have integrated this actual 32bit textmode driver version, which I have linked within my guide.

When the textmode driver popup came up, you should have chosen the "Intel® ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller".

I don't see any problem for you, if you have done it correctly.

Good luck!

Fernando

Hello,

I thought the drivers here wouldn't work with a Dell OEM CD. I never even tried to download the drivers I'll give it a try and post back on the results.

Thanks for your help Fernando 1.

Edited by majax79

I thought I read it somewhere. My mistake. I've been reading for about 4 hours now so the information is bound to get blurred, lol.

Ok, I Just added Intel® ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller. It's the only one I'm adding.

Should I select "delete after install"?

Edited by majax79

Should I select "delete after install"?
You can do it, if you want. Otherwise you can delete nLite's drivers folder named "NLDRV" manually once XP is up. Edited by Fernando 1