Integration of Chipset/Audio/video drivers.

sc0field

Hi everybody!

I'm making a vlite installation CD of Windows Vista. I've already removed all the components, that I don't need, and now I want to integrate drivers for video card/sound card and chipset drivers. (NVIDIA 163.75 forceware for my 7600GS, Realtek AC97 Audio Driver (6243_Vista_APO) and nVidia nForce4 Drivers 15.01 for my Asus M2N4-Sli. (for the chipset drivers I want to install only 2 of the 3 components, that the driver provides). But I don't know how to integrate them... :unsure: I've used the "Driver Integration" section of vLite - integrating a folder with drivers (it was a folder, where the 3 drivers were extracted in 3 seperate folders), but when i installed my new Vista on a virtual PC I become some kind of error. :blushing: Do I need to make a driver addon with some kind of software, or do the error comes from the different "virtual hardware" of the virtual PC?

I've already removed the video drivers from the original installation CD, can I remove the "sound controllers" and the "Ethernet network adapters", if I integrate nForce and Realtek drivers?

And one more question, not related with the driver integration...how can I integrate a keyboard layout?

Thank you very much! I'm sorry if the following problems are already being discussed in the forum.

Edited by sc0field

Hi !

You can integrate keyboard map by registry settings.

Here is an example of keyboard remap (for my I600 with Windows Mobile 6) :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\KeyMaps]

"57"=dword:00000004

"53"=dword:0000000C

"51"=dword:00000003

"56"=dword:00000002

"50"=dword:00000001

I hope this help you !

some of the drivers will not show in Virtual Machine even though you integrated it correctly, try to install new os on difference partition or physical drive. However, if your drivers come with Application (setup.exe) need to funtioning the devices you need to find the silent switch for it and compress it with WinRAR SFX, using nLite Addon Maker to make addons.cab.

GoodLuck !