Codecs don't work right

dieburnbot

Hello,

I installed Vista Ultimate x86 after customizing with vLite beta v1.1 and now I can't view video files. I am using K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. Everytime I try to play a DVD movie all I get is audio and a black screen where the video is supposed to be, and some divx and xvid files work and others don't. I have been using the K-Lite codec pack for years now and I used to run it on Vista before I reinstalled with the vLite customized version and never had a problem. I removed Media Center and Error Reporting and that is it. Did the removal of media center cause this or is something else wrong? I have tried to reinstall the codec pack numerous times and have even tried other codec packs such as Vista Codec Package, but none of them work. I have no idea what is going on, and am hoping someone can help me, otherwise I'll have to format again. :(

Thanks for your help.

dbb

Edited by dieburnbot

You probably removed the WMP codecs by accident. Install any rev from june 2007+ of the ffdshow tryouts by clcid found here -> generic builds.

The problem on why your getting a black screen is probably cuz the DVDs (video content) is region protected alas audio content is not.

Oh and DO remove K-lite or any other decoder packs when installing ffd as you might get a very very slow playback unless you can config ffd by yourself.

And.. what mediaplayer are you using? I assume your bloating around with WMP....

Aight, since your using MPC you only need ffdshow and nothing els. It's alot better than coreavc, it eats less out of your cpu and what els.

And since it decodes most of your daily used codecs fast n' smooth, you might wanna get rid these other "codec packs" which installs separate decoding utils which is kinda useless.