XP error

yallerhoss

Hi folks. I created an Nlite XP from my XP-SP2 cd. Already got SP2 in it. Removed "DOCS" & "Valueadd", unnecessary language and keyboards. Added IIS integration put in my CD key. Nothing else added. Created the ISO. Used Poweriso to burn it. Installed it on a clean formatted HD in a new computer. Installation went fine. No errors. Now XP will only boot into safe mode. Trying to boot normal gets to the login screen then system reboots. I used Debug and logging and started in safe mode. The log had a bunch of junk but mostly it seems that XP

Getuserid: Failed to get user GUID with 1335

Checking the event viewer I find a long string of errors consisting of..........

The following Boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
FIPS
Intelppm

I have searched this forum and if I missed this solution I apologize. I have no idea what these drivers are. :unsure:

I am also in the middle of a system upgrade. When I saw that the XPminie was installing , I removed the motherboard from, etc from the old case in order to upgrade it. So I cannot access Nlite files now. I am using Linux on an old PIII unit to post this. I really don't know why I bother. :whistle: Linux just runs, runs, and runs...............

Hi Agi :hello:

Since I posted this, I put the old motherboard back in and connected everything up so I could start XP, (My old system, not the new one). And I went to my file cabinet and retrieved my old XP-SP1 disk. From 2001 I think. I downloaded service pack 2 and used the sp1 disk as the source, and let Nlite slipstream the service pack. Was very careful not to remove needed items. Created an ISO then burned it with Poweriso, Then back to the new system and did a new install including quick formatting the HD. Installed without a hitch, Boots up first time and seems very stable. I don't know what the difference is, but suspect I removed something wrong with the XP-SP2 disk. Anyway it's working great now. And nLite is a Great utility!

I use XP because it has native .net and ASP for website work. I tried AHTML under Linux/Apache but it is very S-L-O-W. If it were not for the ASP in XP, I would use Linux exclusively. This computer is a PIII with 256Ram and a 40G HD. It is five years old. Has never had to re-install and is just about as responsive as XP with a 2.8Ghz P4.

Thanks for your response and Thanks for a great forum. :thumbup

Yallerhoss