Converting to 2007 format

Jake1988

Hi all,

Iam currently running some tests on a large migration to office 2007 using OMPM (Office Migration Planning Manager). Use of the program is simple, i am just looking for some feedback from anyone else on conversion times and solutions for some of the failed conversions. I have just finished my first bulk test conversion it was over 70,000 files and took over 12 days straight.

I have read on the white pages that a conversion of around 100,000 documents should only take around 24 hours. Even though this can vary a great deal from the size of your documents my conversion seems to be a bit longer then expected. Can anyone please provide any links to forum topics or other forums or helpful sites that address some of these issues, or share your own experiences with it all.

P.S Please dont ask why bother with a conversion.

Thanks in advance, Jake.

Ok, so it seems no one has anything to share. I have been on countless forums asking for any information but no ones seems to have any. Im not sure weather its because no one is performing the conversions or the larger businesses just haven't bothered with office 2007 yet.

Anyway....Seeming that i can't get any information about the converting can people just share how they have gone about migrating to office 2007. Have you just installed office 2007 on all your computers? did you use an SMS server? Did you find any users complaining about not be able to open old documents? Any information would be helpful thanks. :)

Just a stab in dark here but i dont think anyone has had to convert their documents. for 2007 there hasnt been a need for it IMO.

You might just have to take the plunge and try it alone. if you have a specific problem with the conversion, someone might be able to help but I dont think anyone here has experience with what your attempting to do.