Titan Quest (Gold Edition)

Polarman

I bought Titan Quest (Gold Edition) yesterday at EBGames.

For 29.99$(Can), you have the original game plus the expansion on a single DVD (english). On top of that, you get the original game (french) plus the expansion (french) both on CD including a soundtrack CD. All patched to the latest version with manuals in english and french. Pretty good deal i'd say.

Everything installed fine. Started Immortal throne and ajusted my resolution at 1680X1050 leaving the settings at medium for now and started caracter.

The game loaded and as soon as i talk to the first NPC in sight, the game froze with a high pitched sound. Could not stop it, so i rebooted. Tried again. same thing. Tried diffrent ways with same results.

I shut down my pc and took out my Audigy 2ZS and uninstalled everything relating to creative labs. Then i got the realtek HD enabled and installed the 1.80 drivers. I retry the game and success.

But the success was short lived around half an hour of gameplay later... Game freezes again but without the high pitched sound like the audigy before. Tried again changing some visual and audio settings reduce with the same results (~30 min of gameplay).

This is using Vista Home Edition 32. Clean install + all recent drivers + November DirectX. I did this saturday. TQ was the second game that i installed. First was Heroes 4 and that one works.

I'm going to email them about this issue.

But i'd like to know if there is any of you out there using TQ on Vista? Any problems? Solutions? Fixes? Comments?