Webview for Revolutions Pack

Hmmm .....

These are provided for those who wishes to retain certain webview functionality in the RP7... The webview archive below includes :

1. Windows Media Player 7 preview with video thumbnail

2. Piechart in My Computer

3. Added FLV preview

FLV preview requires Flashplayer already installed. FlowPlayer 1.2.0 is being used for local previews of FLVs without any other codecs installed.

Please report bugs here to be squashed ...

Screenshots:

post-142831-1193703695_thumb.jpg

*Updated* Webview for video thumbnails with wmp7 preview:

RP7_VidTnails_n_preview.rar

*Updated* Webview for flv preview:

RP7_FLV_preview.rar

Rgds

Edited by PassingBy

Hmmm .....

I was testing webview preview and video thumbnail the other day and found that .flv previews were pretty bad in wmp ... sometimes it just doesn't play right ...

I was wondering if its possible to do flv previews without all those codecs packs ... then I stumbled on flowplayer (again) ...

I patch it into RP7 webview just for fun and walla ... it's working now ... so, please see post #1 if anyone wishes to try em out ...

Rgds

Looks good! I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but what lines did you have to edit in FOLDER.HTT? (I'm assuming that's the file you edited) When I tried to fiddle with the file, all I got was a player that wouldn't play either music or video files. Did the media files play nice for you...both MP3 and AVI, WMV, ect...?

Also, what are .flv files and what's flowplayer? I assume that I need not use the FLV webview if I have no FLV files? I'll play around with it, too. How about jpeg and bmp thumbnails? Were they affected? Did they still show up in webview? Again, I'm not at home now, so maybe I'll just answer my own questions later. You've done some real good work! I could never have done it!

Hmmm .....

For video thumbnails with wmp preview, as per Tihiy's suggestions, I've made the necessary changes to the thumbnail/preview block to make 'em work right ..... The piechart in My Computer requires its own webview. I don't think making huge changes to the existing folder.htt is wise ...

Thank you for 'reminding' me to test the webview with photos ... I've just tested a mixed bunch of MP3s, WMVs, FLVs, MPGs etc etc dumped into a single folder and noticed that picture thumbnails are not working ...

It's fixed now. Please try the fixed webviews ... I'm pretty sure I got it right this time as both video/picture thumbnails plus video preview is working as intended now (at least it does for me ) ...

FLV = Flash video. The ones that you see on youtube etc etc etc ... Normally requires a standalone player to view them locally. FlowPlayer is one of them who makes nice and small 'applets' to embed flv in html ... I had a look at flowplayer and feels that they will make excellent flv preview ...

Rgds

Edited by PassingBy

Awesome work! I'm still at work, but now I know that I'll be downloading the new files from your first post (when I get home later tonight)! I'll test extensively also when I get home. If I find problems, I'll try and fix or report them. Did you also leave out the "!" in FOLDER.HTT in line 487 (?) character 17? Remember that bug I talked about once before a few days ago...happened when you open a media file in WMP main window.

I'd also like to create a few different web styles and post them with screenshots. Just for people who want something completely different looking, but same functionality. Including an XP style webview pane. I may not get it done for a few days.

Thanks for starting this thread, Passingby!

Hmmm .....

Did you also leave out the "!" in FOLDER.HTT in line 487 (?) character 17? Remember that bug I talked about once before a few days ago...happened when you open a media file in WMP main window.

That is a required conditional operator. That is not a bug, I repeat, that is not a bug . Once you looked at the source code, you'll notice that the line below is now remarked out as it was "originally" remarked out in WinME webview. Initially, I fixed the function call as I thought there's a use for it. Then it was broken with .flv preview. I double-check with WinME webview and see that it's not used, so I remark it now.

Remember, media preview will hinder file manipulation (rename/delete) if preview has started.

Want a great XP-like webview for Windows98 ? > It's here <

[Note: This will thrash current webview]

Want a better XP-influenced webview for Windows98 ? > See here <

[Note: This one can restore previous webview]

Bottomline, it's individual taste. I do not use webview all the time but it can be refreshing once in a while ...

Rgds

Those are some nice webviews! I was thinking of something a bit more subtle and simple. See image below...

Simply go to C:\WINDOWS and save the WEB folder to C:\ then delete the WEB folder in C:\WINDOWS and replace with this new one. Keep in mind that CONTROLP.HTT has been edited and as a result, when you go to the Control Panel, you get a warning message saying that the scripts have been modified. It asks if you want to run scripts on this page. It's safe to select YES. I'll make up some other web styles later.

Minor changes made to webview...

width changed from 30% to 24% to give a slimmer look, while still having room for info and previews

Media player width and height changed

Folder Font is Arial Rounded MT Bold. If you do not have this font installed, the default font will be used.

RP7_11_FolderXP_Grey.zip

Edited by Daniel-J

Hmmm .....

I just noticed something ... I believe that I have my webviews all mixed up ..... I have just rebuilt another win98 system and I noticed that the RP7 webviews are different. Most of the webview functionality are already there ...

It's likely that I have modified the wrong webview files for RP7 afterall ... If this is so then its back to the drawing board ...

To all who tried out the webviews above, I apologize for any inconveniences .... I'll post any update if there's any soon ...

Rgds

Your webviews work fine for me. Although, it's like I said earlier...it looks like you used the WINDOWS folder FOLDER.HTT file and placed it in the WINDOWS\WEB folder. It still works, but you just have to click "Show Files" for some folders. But once you have shown the files for a particular folder, you don't have to do it again.

I don't know how you would go about modifying the original WEB folder as it comes with RP7. And you can't use the original WIN98 WEB folder files. UNLESS....you restore the original WEBVW.DLL to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM and then go to Start Menu > Run and type regsvr32 webvw.dll. But then, we might lose the ability to preview media files again. But you da man, so I'm sure you'll figure it out!