Sudden BSOD

MtK

Bug Check 0xC5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

The DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL bug check has a value of 0x000000C5. This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description

1 Memory referenced

2 IRQL at time of reference

3 0: Read, 1: Write

4 Address that referenced memory

Cause

The kernel attempted to access pageable memory (or perhaps completely invalid memory) when the IRQL was too high. The ultimate cause of this problem is almost certainly a driver that has corrupted the system pool.

In most cases, this bug check results if a driver corrupts a small allocation (less than PAGE_SIZE). Larger allocations result in bug check 0xD0 (DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL).

Resolving the Problem

If you have recently installed any new software, check to see if it is properly installed. Check for updated drivers on the manufacturer's website.

To debug this error, use the special pool option of Driver Verifier. If this fails to reveal the driver that caused the error, use the Global Flags utility to enable the special pool by pool tag.

So, this means in your case:

STOP: 0x000000C5:

1. 0x00000000 - Memory address referenced was 0x0, and obviously this will cause a bugcheck (0x0 == NULL)

2. 0x00000002 - IRQL was DPC dispatch level, which means that an attempt to access an invalid (or paged out) memory address at this IRQL (2) will cause a bugcheck

3. 0x00000001 - It was an attempted write operation by a kernel-mode device driver

4. 0x82461881 - This is the address in memory of the device that attempted to do the write - if you have a dump from this, we may be able to run !lmi against this address to get symbols for who was here, or try and track back the stack and see how we ended up with 0x0 as the parameter for the memory address to reference.

If you have the dump file on your machine from that crash, install the debugging tools from windows, open that crash dump in windbg, and run "!lmi 0x82461881" to see what's at that address (should tell you the driver that is at fault, unless it's the kernel - at which point further investigating should be done).

I also apologize I haven't finished review of your other dump from another post - I ended up traveling for work and have forgotten even where I placed the file at this point :).

If you have the dump file on your machine from that crash, install the debugging tools from windows, open that crash dump in windbg, and run "!lmi 0x82461881" to see what's at that address (should tell you the driver that is at fault, unless it's the kernel - at which point further investigating should be done).

I'll try it, thanks...

D1 bugchecks in netio.sys and tcpip.sys are almost always caused by an NDIS filter driver or the network card driver installed on your machine - are you using any firewall software, or other filter (like netlimiter)? Or, perhaps, nvidia drivers for the network card? I've seen both types of drivers and that one package cause lots of D1's on Vista.

D1 bugchecks in netio.sys and tcpip.sys are almost always caused by an NDIS filter driver or the network card driver installed on your machine - are you using any firewall software, or other filter (like netlimiter)? Or, perhaps, nvidia drivers for the network card? I've seen both types of drivers and that one package cause lots of D1's on Vista.

No Filters and no Firewalls on this notebook.

I connected wireless to my Router...

I have Intel® /PRO Wireless 3945BG with their latest (20/06/2007) Drivers from Intel, version: 11.1.1.16