hotfixes,addons, and update packs

tekkentekken

hotfixes - windows updates, saves installing them after install and makes your XP disk up-to-date

update packs - same as above but an update pack contains lots more hotfixes (basically a collection of them and saves time downloading them individually)

Addons - Programs/software/themes you want installing during/after installation automatically.

Edited by legolash2o

this is driving me god dam insane , ive been sitting here all day trying to figure out how o work out the addon page , it keeps prompting me to install each applicatioon/software i put in the list , i watched the tutorial video and even made the exe to rar and then it says nlite doesnt support the type WTF!

Be honest, you didn't read the FAQ, did you? :whistle:

You seem to have no clue as to what you are doing...? I'll try to explain it short and as simple as possible. You can use nLite to make an unattended installation disc of Microsoft Windows XP. You can apply various tweaks to your installation source files, so that once you install Microsoft Windows XP, these tweaks get applied straight away. These tweaks can be anything from disabling services, changing visual aspects, et cetera. By adding Service Packs and hotfixes you can make sure that the installation source files are fully up to date, which means that once Microsoft Windows XP is installed, it will be fully up-to-date. You can also add applications to your installation source files. These applications will be installed automatically either already during the installation of Microsoft Windows XP, or once the installation of Microsoft Windows XP is finished. You can't simply add all applications to nLite; you will have to make add-on packages yourself or download pre-built ones. Read more about that in the previously mentioned FAQ as well as here. This means that once your whole unattended setup is complete, you'll have a fully up-to-date installation of Microsoft Windows XP, which has all kinds of tweaks applied so you don't have to do those manually anymore and there are already several applications installed, so that saves you the work of installing those as well.

I hope this makes things a bit more clear. Make sure that you read through all the documentation available. Applications such as nLite are very easy to use, so you shouldn't have any problems. Download pre-built application packages and extract those; inspect the contents to learn how they are set up and how they work. Read, read, read. Don't expect to be spoon fed. Good luck and if you have any questions after reading through all the documentation, trying yourself first, please post them here still. There are a lot of people here who are willing to help, but you need to show that you're willing to learn and investigate yourself. All this is not meant in a bad way; I hope it helps you.

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe I didn't understand the FAQ to well(in don't speak english to well) but, if I install a program (example: Yahoo mesenger 8.1) as a hotfix, with nLite, can a remove it later? To pun in a newer version. If it can be removed, please tell me how.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe I didn't understand the FAQ to well(in don't speak english to well) but, if I install a program (example: Yahoo mesenger 8.1) as a hotfix, with nLite, can a remove it later? To pun in a newer version. If it can be removed, please tell me how.

Thanks in advance.

Can you remove it later from what...? From Windows? Yes, via Add/Remove Programs. From your nLited CD? Not quite, you would have to rebuild it, but if you keep your unbuild source somewhere, that shouldn't be a problem. But if you want to rebuild your CD often, I prefer HFSLIP for that.