Uh, the autorun doesn't work......

RaiderX

Hi, first of all i would like to introduce myself...

I'm just a highschool student with a lot of questions to ask...

BTW, let's go to the point :

I've installed Virtual CD 7 on my Win XP Pro SP2 with selected AutoPatcher udpates and VTP 7...

When I insert a cd on my drive, well, you already know from the title :

THE AUTORUN DOESN'T WORK!!!! :no:

Is there anynone who could help me with this problem??? :huh:

PS: It's happening all the time, even when i clean-installed the Win XP and installed the VCD7 again...

(I'm sorry for my bad english... i'm indonesian...) :)

How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP)

Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.

Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.

Select the AutoPlay tab.

Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.

Select OK.

Well, i mean AUTORUN, not AUTOPLAY...

(I know it was just the same, but the autorun reads the autorun.inf on CDs and another removable media, [and even disk drive] and run program in the media whose path was listed on the .inf files, meanwhile autoplay just detect the type of the files inside the media and run the appropriate program for it...)

And i forgot to tell one more thing, even the windows' media change detection were disabled!

(the title of the CD was not displayed, instead the name of the drive BEFORE the CD inserted, ex: when i put my Balnk CD on the drive, usually the title of the drive changed into "Blank CD", but whatever i do, it's always displayed the old title; it's only works when i restart it)

• 1 month later...
Uh... It seems that even if the shell detection service was running, the problem still exist...

Is there an explanation for this???? :wacko: :wacko:

(I've change my XP Pro to XP MCE, and it still happens...)

Does the autorun feature work within Windows XP, so without using Virtual CD? If so, the problem exists within Virtual CD. Check the settings of Virtual CD to see if you can configure autorun there. Some virtual CD-ROM software automatically disable autorun, perhaps Virtual CD does this too. Read the documentation which came with your software or contact the developer to find out if this is the case. It might also be a known issue with Virtual CD, you could check that too. The question is: Does autorun work within Windows XP and not in Virtual CD or does it not work in either? Does autorun work within Windows XP if Virtual CD is not installed?