I apologize

Daniel-J

If you are reading this, you no doubt know what the apology is for. If you don't know what it's for, perhaps you're better off.

Yes, I was out of line when I spiraled my rants out of control about the RP project. I have since replaced the rants with either funny posts or changed them to remove the rant. I am vastly outnumbered here and I can see when I've crossed the line. I crossed that line a while ago already.

While I won't be supporting the RP project, I won't bash it either. Tihiy has done some great work improving the Windows 98 SE experience for many. I guess I lost control when I recently reformatted my HD (not RP related) and then installed RP the next day (I backed up with the RP installer). I didn not like what it did, so I simply uninstalled it. However, some of my settings were not reverted back. I tried to get a webview of the Windows and System folders, but it did not work. For some reason, when RP uninstalled, it must have left some registry seetings behind that I could not find. The option to view those folders as a web page was there, but it did nothing. I (not knowing if it was a registry line or a modified file left behind) reformatted my HD AGAIN only two days after I had just done it. I did it during the night, when my family was asleep, so I would not lose out on time with them during the day. However, it resulted in me getting an hour of sleep from the time I did the format of drive C:\ (1:00am) to the time I finished installing everything new again (5:00am). My family woke up at 6am and I was cranky.

Unfortunately, I took it out on Tihiy and his project. I am sorry to him and to others offended. Now, I have caught up on my sleep over the weekend, and last night was the first weeknight I slept good in a while. But lack of sleep is still no excuse. I deserve all your rebuttals, as harsh as some of them were (someone was hoping I would go and I said that I had less talent that Tihiy's little finger). What I did was wrong, and I knew that even at the time, but I was not wise enough to stop. Tihiy obviously possesses a talent I cannot touch. Therefore, the only wise thing I can do is apologize. So to protect the future feelings of others, and to protect myself, too...I will leave. I do so out of wisdom. I should have stopped a long time ago. I am foolish to have let myself get so far away from myself and become something even I hate...an "ess" "atche" "eye" "tea" disturber!

Thanks to all those who helped me with my problems, and sorry to those who I offended. Now, I can't find a link to delete my account, so if an administrator is kind enough to do so, I would appreciate it.

One last thing...I am, by nature, sarcastic and sometimes rude. But I always try to be humorous. Sometimes I take it too far. Anyway, I have a website. Please check it out here. Enjoy!

Your ability to apologise extensively like this is admirable. Good work. It's 6am here though, and I'm going to be cranky in the morning (technically it IS already morning), but I'm not intending on taking it out on anyone (except inanimate objects). Maybe that's an attitude to strive towards? :)

Hey, everyone lets of steam now and then!

At least you've apologised in a noble fashion.

You're very spirited and probably good to have around as a contributor.

When I saw you edited out your 'rants', I also edited out the quotes of them...

There's no need to throw in the towel just because you perhaps upset a few people.

Afterall, we're all human here anyway.

Please re-consider "leaving" MSFN since the Windows 9x community needs all the support it can get since Microsoft have swept it under the digital carpet!

Just take a revised perspective on things and look at it from a constructive angle!

Ancient Chinese Proverb: Many hands make light work