D630 RIS blue screen

I am work on making a ris image of a Dell D630

Everything works fine if I just Load Windows XP, System Drivers, and all of the windows updates. I can run riprep.exe and it creates a good image. I can reimage the machine fine.

Now the problem, I want to load all of the core software to the image too. Office 2003, Adobe 7.0 Writer, Secure Remote "VPN software", Epson Projector Software, Firefox, Java, Skype, Petroview, and Altiview" System runs fine with everything installed. But now after I run riprep.exe everything looks fine on creating the image, But when I power the system back on once its done I get a blue screen. Don't know what it say as it reboots to quick to see.

Is there a log or something I can get to via a command prompt to see whats going on? What could cause the system to crash after creating an image?

• 4 weeks later...

I am work on making a ris image of a Dell D630

Everything works fine if I just Load Windows XP, System Drivers, and all of the windows updates. I can run riprep.exe and it creates a good image. I can reimage the machine fine.

Now the problem, I want to load all of the core software to the image too. Office 2003, Adobe 7.0 Writer, Secure Remote "VPN software", Epson Projector Software, Firefox, Java, Skype, Petroview, and Altiview" System runs fine with everything installed. But now after I run riprep.exe everything looks fine on creating the image, But when I power the system back on once its done I get a blue screen. Don't know what it say as it reboots to quick to see.

Is there a log or something I can get to via a command prompt to see whats going on? What could cause the system to crash after creating an image?

The problem is, that you've installed a VPN Client. Riprep or Sysprep Win Server Solution do not support VPN virtual clients. One year ago, I was testing creating images for 2 days. I installed Xp Pro, software and Checkpoint VPN Client. After installing that software, I had a blue screen. Some time passed, and I found something on MS Technet, that deploying images via Riprep or Sysprep is not possible with implemented VPN Clients.

So I thing, thats the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

check the SATA mode in the bios, if set to AHCI then you'll probably see a bsod (stop 0x0000007) at boot time if the image is not properly prepared for sata support.

you can change the mode from SATA to ATA and you'll probably notice it works ok.

cheers

anyweb

• 2 weeks later...