Vista Basic And Internet Explorer 6

adrian2055

Hey Guys,

I'm considering using vlite to remove the awful IE7 and replacing it with IE6. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so what were the results? Did vista function properly with IE6 or did you have more problems? I also need to know how to slipstream IE6 into my vista dvd. Thanks!

you could try a 'standalone' version of IE6 but i doubt it'll work as well as IE7 (not to mention the fact that its an out of date IE6)

http://browsers.evolt.org/download.php?/ie...ie6eolas_nt.zip

but seriously, why not just use firefox instead it can do everything IE6/7 can (including expose your system to anyone that wants in if you load the activex plugin)

Thanks for the standalone version of IE6. I didn't know it existed. There's one simple reason why I don't use firefox............I hate it. I've tried it several times and each time I got terrible results. All it does is freeze up and crash with any page that I tried to pull up. It crippled my system worst than opera (and we all know how well opera works).

You're talking about ripping IE7 out of vista but your worried about firefox/opera crippling your system? I think you might have got turned around on this one somehow.

I'm not worried about firefox opera messing up my pc. I just got tired of it freezing up everytime I tried to pull up a web page. I usually have to restart my pc when that happens. I'm hoping version 3 of firefox will be bettter so I can have another browser to choose from. Opera usually runs very slow for me too.