Unable to locate file

Tripredacus

I have had this problem in multiple instances. I need to run a program, but WinPE says it cannot find it. I have had this with both physical and virtual environments. I have created a screenshot to show the error as it happened in a virtual environment. These are the steps involved:

1. Turn on Virtual PC, use physical CD-Rom drive.

2. Boot off WinPE CD.

3. use physical floppy drive.

4. try to run fshare (from VM additionals) = ERROR

5. Copy fshare.exe from floppy to ramdisk = SUCCESS

6. run fshare from ramdisk = ERROR

As I noted before, I have encountered this error in physical (ie not using a VM). I have gotten this error with USB sticks, floppy disks, hard drives and the ramdisk. Everytime I copy a file from a removable disk to the ramdisk or hard drive because it won't run, it will not run from there either.

Any ideas? I have posted a screenshot.

• 4 weeks later...
I have had this problem in multiple instances. I need to run a program, but WinPE says it cannot find it. I have had this with both physical and virtual environments. I have created a screenshot to show the error as it happened in a virtual environment. These are the steps involved:

1. Turn on Virtual PC, use physical CD-Rom drive.

2. Boot off WinPE CD.

3. use physical floppy drive.

4. try to run fshare (from VM additionals) = ERROR

5. Copy fshare.exe from floppy to ramdisk = SUCCESS

6. run fshare from ramdisk = ERROR

As I noted before, I have encountered this error in physical (ie not using a VM). I have gotten this error with USB sticks, floppy disks, hard drives and the ramdisk. Everytime I copy a file from a removable disk to the ramdisk or hard drive because it won't run, it will not run from there either.

Any ideas? I have posted a screenshot.

Use Process Monitor to see what the program is trying to do or where its failure occurs.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...essmonitor.mspx