problems with sysprep and ghost

hey guys, I have two simple problems that I can't find realted articles containing the solutions.

1. I have just build an universal ghost image (hopefully) on one computer and been pushing it on different models of computer. The HAL issues seems okay at this point, so that's not my question. The real problem is that I am asked to reactivate windows XP when the image is pused onto a machine with different hardware. Is there anyway to automate this process?

NOTE: I have this

[unattended]

unattendedMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386

ConfirmHardware=No

OverwriteOemFilesOnupgrade=No

DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore

oempreinstall=yes

updateInstalledDrivers=Yes

2. I use Norton Ghost console to push image and I would like to have the freedom to assign computers name with a fixed prefix and then follow with a 2 digit numbers in a specific range. For example if I am pushing image to 3 computers I can make them named: PC01, PC02, and PC03.... I've tried the wild card character in sysprep.ini but it's either not supported or something i've done worng. I also tried to do that using a template in ghost consle yet it seems to have problem when the image is syspreped....

Edited by evila

computername=* in sysprep sets the name to a semi-random name.

You should not have to activate windows from a sysprep image if you are using a volume key.

1. So if I set computername=* in sysprep, it would work when i push image using Ghost + templet?

2. Ugh bummer, I used an MSDN key....now I'll have to start all over again......but aren't they the same????

Edited by evila