Drawing scroll bars for Internet Explorer

Daniel-J

As mentioned in the thread, "Revolutions Pack 7 for Windows 98 SE" the new scroll bars made by Tihiy (which look very nice, I might add) don't apply to Internet Explorer, since that program draws its own scroll bars. My question is, how can we replace the program's default scroll bars with new ones? Can't it be done? Maybe Resource Hacker? Or some kind of method of getting IEXPLORE to point to custom made scroll bars, like the ones made by Tihiy? I would really like to find a way to replace the default scroll bars in Internet Explorer with the new ones.

I don't think that would be viable considering the scrollbars in IE itself are also modified by other webpages through CSS to change it's colour properties. In the end would only cause excessive amounts of fighting over who gets to draw it. The skinning engine or IE itself.

Edited by Chozo4

I was thinking that, too. But there must still be a way of making the default scroll bars the same as XP style. Then when a web page specifies different colors, size, ect, that would be how it would look for that website ONLY. I'm no good with this stuff, but I do believe that anything is possible. If we can send a man to the moon, then why can't we change the default scroll bar in Internet Explorer!!! :lol:

I find Internet Explorer like any other tool. It's good if you know how to use/configure it. Most people don't play with the settings in IE. It's like that Facebook website. So many people leave themselves wide open for identity theft by not properly configuring their account. IE can be a great tool when used properly.

I find Internet Explorer like any other tool. It's good if you know how to use/configure it.

And pigs fly! Get real. It's a security mess, and its rendering engine is ancient. There's no excuse with the several free web browsers out there. The HTML support is only decent, and the CSS support is lackluster (51% versus 90+% of others).