virtual software that can run a 3D game

Smiley357

I am looking for freeware that can run more then one 3D game on the same box. I tried using Innotek virtualbox but ran into problems when the game tried to run. Directx seemed to be the issue. no virtual 3D i guess.

So does anyone have any ideas?

I don't think there is a virtual machine program that has good graphics capabilities, or anything like that. They pretty much all see a 1 core pentinum 4 processor, however much ram you give them, and a crappy grahics card, with about 8 megs of video ram. So even if you have a fancy video card, it won't do you any good in a virtual setting. There is no such thing as good graphics in a virtual machine.

• 3 weeks later...
youd be surprised what VMware can do

That’s after a lot “trail´n´crash”, I would not call it stable not would I call the performance high. I wanted to have multiseat computer systems but hooked off when I saw that most directX 3D apps don’t work well.

youd be surprised what VMware can do

That’s after a lot “trail´n´crash”, I would not call it stable not would I call the performance high. I wanted to have multiseat computer systems but hooked off when I saw that most directX 3D apps don’t work well.

Oh no you just said that something on your PC crashes! Here come the wave of people posting that your rig must suck because their PC never crashes when that do that (but maybe that only works if you say that about an MS product) :)

but if you think VMWare is only for test environments and such it will surprise you. Sure you'll take a performance hit but its defiantly come a long way from the old barely qualifying as a functional program that people often associate with full OS emulators.

In the end, you get what you pay for which is why VMWare is free (IMO)

Oh no you just said that something on your PC crashes! Here come the wave of people posting that your rig must suck because their PC never crashes when that do that (but maybe that only works if you say that about an MS product) :)

I’m not saying it makes my PC crash, it’s just the games in VMware that crash ;).

I’m also a big fan of VMware my self so don’t get me wrong, but playing more then one game at the same time on a PC is hard without having troubles doing it...