kb888111 asking for hdaudbus.sy_ and hdaudbus.in_

ctpooon

hi,

recently, I have put kb888111 into HF folder so make sure my windows installation will support HD audio.

I formatted my harddisk and install the lastest hfslipped windows with kb888111

however, it asked for my the hdaudus.sy_ and hdaudbus.in_

I have to select those 2 files from the I386 folder to make sure the installation can finish.

I thought my kb888111 has been borken or something, so, I tried a different kb888111.

The same problem happened again, would anyone kindly help me to solve the problem?

thanks a lot

attached 2 hflsip for analysis,

1.zip

hfslip.zip

I have taken a look at your TXTSETUP.SIF and I'm sure your problem is the fact that nLite strips out the references to the KB888111 binaries that HFSLIP has added.

Please run HFSLIP. Then open TXTSETUP.SIF and take a look at the files under the [sourceDisksFiles] section at the bottom (starting from HFSLIPWU.INF). nLite should not remove these references.

Well... HFSLIP adds at least one extra [sourceDisksFiles] section, at least one extra [WinntDirectories] section, one extra [FileFlags] section for Windows XP, one new [setupData] section, one extra [HiveInfs.Fresh] section and one extra [HiveInfs.Upgrade] section, all at the bottom. Your TXTSETUP.SIF doesn't have any of those. It has one combined [sourceDisksFiles] section at the top, one combined [WinntDirectories] section, etc., EXACTLY how nLite does it. HFSLIP is simply incapable of combining sections; it can only write new lines at the bottom (It is possible to make HFSLIP capable of rearranging TXTSETUP.SIF at the end but it would severely impact the HFSLIP running time).

Please just run HFSLIP again and then see at the bottom of TXTSETUP.SIF in SOURCESS\I386. It should look completely differently. I just did a test run with KB888111 and HFSLIP added these lines under the extra [sourceDisksFiles] section related to that hotfix:

hdaprop.dll = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

hdashcut.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

hdaudres.dll = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

hdaudbus.sys = 1,,,,,,,4,0,0

hdaudio.sys = 1,,,,,,,4,0,0

hdaudbus.inf = 1,,,,,,,20,0,0

hdaudio.inf = 1,,,,,,,20,0,0

I know more now, but I'm afraid this is out of my scope.

You say that the error appears during GUI mode setup, which means that the KB888111 files were successfully copied over to the hard disk during txt mode setup. You can test this yourself by starting Windows installation again and pointing the dialog boxes you get to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers for hdaudbus.sy_ and to C:\WINDOWS\inf for hdaudbus.in_. I'm sure Windows setup will find them there.

I think this is more of a driver problem. I've experienced it many times before when I installed drivers manually and rebooted, that Windows would ask me for the location of certain files; I point it to C:\WINDOWS\system32 or C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers and then it finds them. Stupid, and I don't know how to avoid that. This also happened with non-HFSLIPped systems.

Make sure that you use the KB888111 hotfix for Windows XP SP2. That's all I can say...

Alright, thanks.

I am pretty sure the kb88811 is for xp sp2... I even tried the Chinese, English version of it. It still asked for the files for either version. Whenever it asks, I have to point to the CDROM:/I386 for the files.

If this problem cant be solved, I might just more kb888111 out of the HF directory and do a manuel installation after the windows installed.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers