Rename Administrator

Hi there everyone!

I just have discovered the wonderful world of unattended! But I just have a questions that's got me stumped, and im not sure if its even possible.

Even though this will not be a fully unattended method, I need to change the default Administrator's name on each unattended install. I need this because I will be using this on many computers for different people.

Using renuser, its quite simple.

renuser Administrator newName

After running this at cmdlines.txt, it seems to work okay, but I want it to run after XPlode (what i use to install programs, etc.) which is run ay guirunonce.

If I use renuser at guirunonce after XPlode, it simply does not work, because Administrator has already logged on.

Can I somehow change this so that it prompts to change the Adminstrator name AFTER XPlode? Just because its a pain to get a prompt in the middle of an unattended install, after the windows install, but before my XPlode install...

Do i need a dummy Admin account or something similar?

Thanks very much for your help!

-Crawf

You can!

You could create an .inf template file using

[System Access]
<snip>
NewAdministatorName="new name"

as part of it and use secedit to make the appropriate security changes.

Just bear in mind when making this change that the Profile Directory 'Administrator' will remain.

Thanks for the replies!

So where is the default security template? Sorry for my ignorance!

And thanks Yzöwl, shame about it cannot rename the profile, but i guess i'll have to put up with that! And does that code enable a prompt to enter the new name? It's just that i need to change it every install, rather than a set variable.

Thanks again!

-Crawf