nLite Help - Am I doing this right?

cleonjones

Well I copied the entire XP SP2 Home Edition disc to C:\XPCD\, then I set C:\XPCD as the Windows Installation location.

This is what it shows:

Product Name: Windows XP Home Edition

Language Pack: English (United States)

Service Pack: 2

Version: 5.1.2600.2180

Path: C:\XPCD

Size: 552.40MB

Then I select Integrate Drivers and Bootable ISO and click, "Next."

Then I click, "Insert->Multiple Driver Folder." The drivers for my laptop, a Gateway T-6815, were downloaded from Gateways Drivers and Downloads section and installed into C:\cabs\ and when I selected the drivers folder I selected all of the drivers in the x86 folder. I clicked next and chose to burn the ISO created by nLite to a CD-R and I boot my laptop from the CD and it seems to be running fine, I first just tried letting it run and when I'm asked to select a drive it still says no drives are detected. I even tried pressing F6 and having it detect a source, and it still didn't find the drivers. I have burned discs using nLite, manually editing files in the C:\XPCD\I386\ and even using AutoStreamer and DriverPacks. I just can't get anything to detect my laptops SATA hard drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a SATA drive? I have come across this problem before and I had to enable the SATA drive in the bios. Just a suggestion, good luck....

Anyone know where I can find a guild on how to use nLite? I just d/led it and looking for something to explain how to use the software.