Windows Anytime Upgrade = Retail ?

easy

hi,

i have bought a new computer "medion" with vista.

there was two dvd's, medion dvd (recovery) and windows anytime upgrade.

next day i just formattet my pc and installed vista with the anytime upgrade dvd.

i hate oem cd/dvd's from dell, medion etc. :realmad:

the question is, has a difference between anytime upgrade and retail version of vista ???

is there the same contents in it ???

or how about with the winxp retail and systembuilder version ?

note:

since 2002 in germany can be bought a windows cd/dvd without computer (not bundled)

thx

I don't think so.

OEM Versions usually need to be purchased along with a new PC. Furthermore OEM copies of Vista are tied to the original PC on which they are installed; you are not legally allowed to heavily upgrade this PC or transfer Vista to another PC.

The Upgrade Edition requires that you have a qualifying Full Edition of an earlier Windows, namely Windows XP or 2000. It also requires that you install your Upgrade Edition by booting the Vista install disk into your current version of Window (for verification). Furthermore, you lose your license to the previous version of Windows you are upgrading from, so you cannot use it anymore. You can still upgrade your PC or move Vista to another PC.

The Full Edition has no real limitations, it can be installed on a new PC, an existing PC, allows you to upgrade your PC as much as you like, allows you to move Vista from PC to PC without limitation, and does not require any earlier versions of Windows to be installed for verification. This is why it's the most expensive of the lot.

Vista can only be installed and used on one PC at any time, and that includes the choice between 32-bit and 64-bit: i.e. you cannot install both 32-bit and 64-bit, only one or the other.

I don't think so.

OEM Versions usually need to be purchased along with a new PC. Furthermore OEM copies of Vista are tied to the original PC on which they are installed; you are not legally allowed to heavily upgrade this PC or transfer Vista to another PC.

thats correct

The Upgrade Edition requires that you have a qualifying Full Edition of an earlier Windows, namely Windows XP or 2000. It also requires that you install your Upgrade Edition by booting the Vista install disk into your current version of Window (for verification). Furthermore, you lose your license to the previous version of Windows you are upgrading from, so you cannot use it anymore. You can still upgrade your PC or move Vista to another PC.

i dont have a upgrade edition, that can be installed on earlier windows version.

with windows anytime upgrade dvd its possible to boot from the dvd and it

can be installed on blank harddisc's.

The Full Edition has no real limitations, it can be installed on a new PC, an existing PC, allows you to upgrade your PC as much as you like, allows you to move Vista from PC to PC without limitation, and does not require any earlier versions of Windows to be installed for verification. This is why it's the most expensive of the lot.

Vista can only be installed and used on one PC at any time, and that includes the choice between 32-bit and 64-bit: i.e. you cannot install both 32-bit and 64-bit, only one or the other.

thats also correct, but

i bekam with medion recovey disc a windows anytime upgrade dvd (original)

and it can be installed on a new pc. thats why i use it and not recovery.

can anybody tell me whether the both windows anytime upgrade and original retail dvd matches ( same size )

i have this dvd in german.

anytime%20upgrade%20eng.jpg

you can do it with the english version of anytime upgrade dvd and original retail dvd.

big thx

Edited by easy