vLite: Possible to add in features from other versions of Vista?

cassius2117

I have the Vista Business version that I got from my school for free, but as a lot of you know, it doesn't have Media Center, and a few other multimedia components. I was wondering if it would be possible for vLite to add in these features to an install, since all versions of vista are on the same disk, the install files for those components must be in there somewhere. If its not possible, do any of you know if Microsoft has downloadable versions of the missing software? Thanks.

I was wondering if it would be possible for vLite to add in these features to an install, since all versions of vista are on the same disk, the install files for those components must be in there somewhere.

i think that wouled be illegal, not sure

Edited by legolash2o

I was wondering if it would be possible for vLite to add in these features to an install, since all versions of vista are on the same disk, the install files for those components must be in there somewhere.

i think that wouled be illegal, not sure

It's as illegal as converting XP Home in XP Pro. Such a thing is partially restricted through the Global Policy, mainly to prevent people from adding Server 2008 components in Vista. At this point it's a painful process as there's no proper tool to do it, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Maybe things will be different when there will be a Vista Embedded platform.

Edited by dexter.inside