$NtUninstall Cleanup

Mant

To repeat what has been said before, why would you want to use DELTREE which is not included in Windows XP, when you can simply use RD or RMDIR instead, which does the same? :rolleyes:

The purpose I see in it is that by simply adding a 17kB file to $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32 the files and folders can be removed by one very fast process.

DL.'s cmd is very effective, I just think that it is nice to do it with one command that can be completed faster than the first attrib command can be.

It is truly a matter of preferences.

I personally don't see the need for any flaming, we're all here to present different ideas to get the job done.

To repeat what has been said before, why would you want to use DELTREE which is not included in Windows XP, when you can simply use RD or RMDIR instead, which does the same? :rolleyes:

The purpose I see in it is that by simply adding a 17kB file to $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32 the files and folders can be removed by one very fast process.

DL.'s cmd is very effective, I just think that it is nice to do it with one command that can be completed faster than the first attrib command can be.

Okay, lets just bear in mind a couple of things, the deltree command of which you speak was not meant to be used with an NT based system. It doesn't work properly or effectively through cmd.exe and it would be wise not to do so. The rmdir/rd commands with the /s switch are a modern replacement for it and do the job required in this case better. Deltree's ability to work with files as well as directories is not required here since we are working only with directories.

Also as a side note the rmdir/rd command will work on a hidden directory thus negating the requirement to run an attrib command in the first instance.