Select the operating system image file

Path to captured wim

Move to distribution share

:wacko:Specify operating system setup files

Copy Windows Vista setup files from the specified path

What would this be? What type of file extention

Specify the destination

specify the name of the directory that should be created

I have an unattend.xml, but I have that linked in the Builds under the settings Tab.

Just trying perfect this deployment as best as I can, but so far its pretty bad.

Thanks,

Edited by mwelch73

Hi dude,

I am having a BDD 2007 (3.0) LTI environment up and running just smoothly, exactly where do u get the error and what does the error state? In what phase (seen from the BDD Workbench) does the deployment come to a halt?

If u are talking about adding the source files to the BDD wizard (New OS), then u just point them to the place u store them, example the CD/DVD drive letter if u inserted a CD/DVD containing the operating system that u wish to deploy. Normally, the logic within the wizards dont look for a specific file ending, rather apperence of certain files, like root files within the CD/DVD. Meaning, it will not do, just to copy the i386 as it looks for other files as well. I suggest to pop a CD/DVD in before pointing the wiz to that CD/DVD player.

/ThaSausageEater

Edited by Br4tt3

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

I've got BDD up and running but I'm fighting with unattend.xml and the jacked up interface of windows image manager.

The question I have is directly related to adding a NEW OS. I have added my capture, with the Custom image file option, but I want to know what to know what are Specify operating system setup files used for? Can I add an autounattend.xml here or predefine my unattend.xml, what?

Thanks,

Hi dude,

I am having a BDD 2007 (3.0) LTI environment up and running just smoothly, exactly where do u get the error and what does the error state? In what phase (seen from the BDD Workbench) does the deployment come to a halt?

If u are talking about adding the source files to the BDD wizard (New OS), then u just point them to the place u store them, example the CD/DVD drive letter if u inserted a CD/DVD containing the operating system that u wish to deploy. Normally, the logic within the wizards dont look for a specific file ending, rather apperence of certain files, like root files within the CD/DVD. Meaning, it will not do, just to copy the i386 as it looks for other files as well. I suggest to pop a CD/DVD in before pointing the wiz to that CD/DVD player.

/ThaSausageEater

If you have a custom image that you are trying to make a build from, select: setup files are not needed.