Unattended Installation Always Mess Up the Time Setting.

I think this problem started lately, but after my unattended Windows installation is done, the time is always wrong. I live in Vancouver where the timezone is GMT -8 PST/PDT. For some odd reason, after the unattended installation is done, the timezone shifts to Kabul Time. I checked my settings in the winnt.sif file and everything appears to be correct.

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=4
OemSkipWelcome=1

Another strange thing is that I can't synchronize the time with MS's server. I always get an error message as I try to use the internet time tab to update the time. This is very strange behaviour and I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

I have run into the same issue where my timezone is set to Kabul.

I'm trying to set it to GMT +0

I have verified the contents of my unattend.txt.

-----------------

[GuiUnattended]

; See <http://unattended.sourceforge.net/timezones.html>

AdminPassword=?????????????

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=085

OemSkipWelcome=1

I have even removed the reference to fixtz.pl in the master install.pl when it calls for it to be added to postinst.bat just to make sure that file wasn't the issue.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have same issue - and not supplying any unattended settings. Also, oddly didn't previously have it with 1.4 beta.

Recent production. Base is xp with SP2. Added ie7 & wmp11 with SFC turned off. Then added patches (currently to end Aug). This was previously ok with patches to June - but now get Kabul setting too (this is after setting GMT/UK during the setup process).

Supplying unattended parameters makes no difference (and it still prompts for time zone! - and it still sets Kabul after GMT is selected!). Also causes install to jump the initial install/repair dialogue

I do think nlite is excellent - but it does throw up these issues too frequently - which suggests changes to settings which are nothing to do with the user interface

• 3 weeks later...
[...]

and it still sets Kabul after GMT is selected!

[...]

I had the same trouble and i've found that without the integration of the update 933360 there's no more problem.

I have this problem too, so do I have to start again from scratch but this time not integrate 933360???

Please tell me I don't!

I have this problem too, so do I have to start again from scratch but this time not integrate 933360???

Please tell me I don't!

If you have made an unattended cd for a small amount of pcs, you will have to adjust the timezone

manually on each pc after installation . Otherwise, i think you will have to redo your unattended cd.