Some questions for Vista with vLite

fredpsycho83

First, i'm sorry if my english isn't perfect, i'm french ... :blushing:

I have few questions :

- I'm running on Vista Ultimate 32bit (created with vLite) and i will buy a new computer and i want to created the 64 bit edition. But i can't integrate Hotfixes and Language Pack for the 64bit edition under the 32bit ... is it normal or not ? How can i create a vista unattend 64bit under a 32bit ?

- second question : for my 32bit version of vista unattend, i have downloaded the BIG full list of hotfixes (378 that i found on this site : http://www1.webng.com/xpsp3/ ). Is it ok ? Or will i have problems by intregated this full package ? because vLite is very very long to integrate all this hotfixes (4 or 5 hours).

- Is there a website with vista addon for vlite like nlite ? Because i'm searching but i haven't found one ... I'm looking for addons to change the TCPIP max connections or it will be supported in the next version of vLite like in nLite ?

Thanx, and sorry if my questions aren't clear ...

okay thx ! :thumbup

I tried to install a vista64 under VMware but vista doesn't start with an error message. It is impossible to emulate a 64bit virtual PC under a 32bit version ?

I have a P4 3.6ghz, a shuttle SD31P, it will be OK if i reformate my hdd to install a 64bit edition, or i must have a 64bit processor ? If it's ok, the performances will be the same, better or worse than a 32bit ?

1. Its impossible to emaulate 64bit windows if WMWare is on 32bit

2.You can boot from a 64bit vista disk and if your CPU isnt compatible with it, it will say something like "You cannot install 64bit on this computer" or something like that. So its safe to try :) if it doesnt give you an error message then you can safely install 64bit on your computer

3. As i use 64bit i have noticed a difference and would never go back to 32bit, but thats just me and all computers are different depending on what you use them for

i see, thx :P

i'm looking for a CPU, and i love the Core2Quad Q6600 revision Q0, the best perf/price for me ... is it a 64bit CPU or there is only AMD64 ? because i dont like AMD ^^

If you are in 64bit mode, i have an another question ... it isn't a problem for appz a drivers, because they are not 64bit support... a 32bit appz run perfectly on a 64bit CPU/vista ?

anything which is dual or quadcore is 64bit, you need to get the 64bit drivers from the manufacturers website, and i run alot of 32bit apps on my computer (its 64bit). but yes intel are 64bit too and not just AMD, also the Q6600 is 64bit :)

Edited by legolash2o