Re Install and Restoring Mail in OE?

Harley

Is there a way to backup all of my Outlook express E-mail so I can restore it after a clean rr-install? Also all of my E-mail accounts must be recreated from scratch. There must be a way to do this. I could get the mail back in 98, but XP is still somewhat cryptic about the file locations. Thanks in advance.:hohum

All ur OE settings are stored here, u will need to change ur folder options so that u can view hidden files....and back it up:D

C:Documents and Settings[b:e70d264051]Your Name[/b:e70d264051]Local SettingsApplication DataIdentities{1CE12F48-353A-424F-A1E8-D388A8112EFF}MicrosoftOutlook Express

Guest RazorSA

Except when Outlook (XP) has a problem and cant FIND any emails in the folder that you have backed up !!!

Happens to me once out of every 5 backups ...

Really Pi$$es me off !

I`ve found that the best thing to do is make a dir on your drive and put your mail in there, e.g. c:email and then when you have reinstalled OE just go into the options and change your store folder and point it to the newly created dir with the mail in it

I reinstalled XP today (Joy of Joys) and when i went to change my mail folder it just kept defaulting back to the original folder!, so i had to import my messages into that one!, i love windows!