Wise Package Studio & duplicate files

Hello,

I've created and MSI package. It has several selectable "features". Some of the features are screensavers. Each screensaver is a seperate "feature" in WPS.

However, these screensavers all share a common .dll file. So I've setup each feature to add the .scr file and the .dll file.

Now when I use the Installation Expert and browse through the features, the first screensaver feature has the .dll file listed okay, but all following scr features will list the .dll as a duplicate file.

If I now compile my package and run it, but choose to ONLY install the second or later screensaver feature, the .dll file will not be copied. I must install the first feature to get the .dll on my system.

What must I do to create the MSI package so each feature will copy the specific .dll no matter which feature I install?

I hope I've explained myself clearly enough. Thanks for your help.

'nuff

I'm not sure if you would call WPS a programming tool like C++, Delphi, VB, etc. as the forum title so aptly states. Besides, in the "software" forum there was another MSI question, so that one seemed more suitable.

And regarding giving it more time; I do tend to be unlucky with my questions here. I've posted a few topics to which no one has replied. On the "other" forum I got an answer within 3 hours.

Thanks anyway. :)

Edited by enuffsaid

I usually use WiseScript but this should be the same solution you need. Just rename the dlls so they each have a differnt name like so:

example.001

example.002

example.003

On install have the dlls renamed to the correct names. This will allow all of the dlls with duplicate names to exist in the same setup. This should also work for pretty much any setup program. If this option isn't available in the Wise Studio, the just edit the MSI with ORCA after adding the misnamed dlls.

• 3 weeks later...