Help ! Software to block referrer in Internet Explorer and pass le

Mercury_22

Hi!

Can you recommend another program (firewall, anti-spyware, ....) than Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 Beta which can block referrer in Internet Explorer ? and some other (or the same) program (firewall, anti-spyware, ....) which can pass this leaktest (except Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 Beta and Comodo Firewall Pro v3.0.8.214 Beta) ?

The important requirement it's that it must be VISTA x64 compatible !!!! :rolleyes: B)

Thanks! :angel

Block the referrer...Why?

The referral string tells site B that site A is sending traffic to it, and let WebMasters know which of their ling sharing relationships are most (traffic-wise) profitable...You in particular are irrelevant. If your at a site you don't want to get caught coming from, then simply close and reopen the browser (assuming your home page is blank (which is much faster) your referrer is then (effectively) none.

End of problem.

I have exactly zero patients with (paranoid) users who insist in Daisy-Chaining a string of BHO/LSP (Baby-sitters) into the stack and then have the audacity to complain about IE being unstable/buggy/slow.

No I'm not picking on you, I just have a pet peeve about all the non-issue crap-ware that is foisted on people in an attempt to panic them into doing a lemming dance off a digital cliff.

My only concern about referrer it's when i use https whit non https in separate tabs ! (e.g. one tab for watching my stocks,..bank account and other surfing the web)

Again a non-issue, Separate Tabs = Separate Sessions. any link on the banks site will send the bank as the referrer, if you navigate away via the favorites menu the referrer is none. The other site/session/tab has/uses none of the banks (SSL) info as it isn't relevant or accessible for that matter.

The key to financial site access security is to remember to logoff and then close the browser (window or tab...) so the session history can't be used to back into the information contained on a page that failed to "expire" properly. ...It really is astonishing how lucky you can get hitting the back button a few times to relight a session key and gleen some info.

I still use a separate window for banking stuff out of habbit; Straight in, straight out, logoff, and (closed) done...but it isn't necessary as Tab->close works just as well.