WUA wants to install even if WUA3.0 is installed

i just installed xp with august updates and wua3.0, ie7+aug patches, wmp11.

went to windows update and found it still wants to install the windows update agent. i dont know why or dont know what it is. this was not the case till july where it went directly to show the available updates.

i have posted the screen.

t_wuscreenm_f23b164.jpg

@all,

I believe that is not true. I am building a unattended installation for a major company in holland and also experienced this. When I check the wuaueng.dll after installation it is version 7.0.6000.374 and when I goto windows Update and install the update this file has version 7.0.6000.381.

When I check my installation against Windows Update it will show zero updates but to see that I have to do an update of the Windows Update agent and that is what I want to solve.

I want to download this update and integrate with the installation but I am unable to find the files. Something similar is happening with Windows Vista but that is explained in another thread on this forum. That one I have solved.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

Edited by Bitfrotter

I believe the WUA files have been updated (7.0.6000.374 -> 7.0.6000.381), but the standalone installer (windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe) has not yet been updated. windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe can be used to integrate those files into the installation. I suspect that will follow shortly.