Account to install using WDS ? anything other than admin?

Ive got alot of PCs to deploy and would like to get someone else to do the deployment, but dont want to give them admin permissions..

Any1 please know if there is a built in account that would allow me to grant some1 that would just allow them to hit F12 then log in and choose image etc

Cheers in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got alot of PCs to deploy and would like to get someone else to do the deployment, but dont want to give them admin permissions..

Any1 please know if there is a built in account that would allow me to grant some1 that would just allow them to hit F12 then log in and choose image etc

Cheers in advance

Probably has something to do with the Active Directory, I think you should make users which have enough permissions and rights to enter the maps necessary for deployment.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the credentials for domain join embedded in the WDSImageUnattend.xml file, so anyone can boot the machine and hit F12 to start the build. When this file is copied to the machine hdd, the user details, product key etc. are removed.

WDS has no ADSI support, so the only other way to do this as far as I have been led to believe by MS, is to write a script asking for username and password which then launches the install.

This is a backward step IMO, but MS don't seem interested.