Predefined vLite x64 "templates"?

Moogy

I am curious if anyone has built any predefined Vista x64 xLite templates that work (i.e. no missing files that cause errors with core components, etc.)

I'm running Vista x64 on a 3.6GHz 4MB (PC-8500) 8800GTX OC system and it runs terribly.

I'd LOVE to reinstall Vista and have my system run smooth and quick, but I see many people here "diddling" with the installation options and having problems.

Are there any predefined packages that would work for me so I don't have to spend hours (or even days) troubleshooting how to make the installation more efficient?

Thanks!

Only issue is that of a missing wer.dll file for System Restore and faultrep.dll for InkBall or something.

So put those two in the Protect Files box as the example is shown and you're done. Or remove System Restore when removing Error Reporting.

For other compatibilities vLite will prompt you if you are to remove something which will break the other.

as Nuhi said, when on the component removal page at the bottom click Protect.. and type in

windows\system32\wer.dll

windows\system32\faultrep.dll

wer.dll is also needed for the "Compatibility" tab

you can remove the example there if you want, but protect those files and everything will work

Edited by legolash2o