[DONE] How to get the Sidebar back?

lUp

Hi,

after the first setup with vLite i decided to give it another try and remove some more components (like MCE etc.). That was a bad idea, because due to KB932596 i had serious problems installing Vista x64. Spent 2 days to get a running and stable system, so I'm quite exhausted now. :)

The problem is, that I noticed, that I somehow accidentally removed the Windows Sidebar (which I quite like). I absolutely don't want to reinstall Vista again with a new vLite version, just to get it back, so I wanted to know, if there's a method to install it from the original Vista Ultimate DVD?

Edited by lUp

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

thanks for your quick answer. I decided to go through the Process again and killed Vista x64, installed x86 (there were just too many issues with drivers and progs not working, so i decided to switch to x86), so my Sidebar is back :) But i again messed with vLite and now i got a new Problem :)

Where's BitLocker? :whistle:

I remember removing it from the disc, thinking "gnah, it's from Microsoft, there are backdoors in it, i don't need it when using Truecrypt". But after some time I came across some interesting articles and it seems, as if BitLocker in Combination with an USB stick and Truecrypt could be a nice method for securing my system. So now i want to use it, got myself today a small new USB stick specially for bitlocker, downloaded via Windows Update the EPS and Bitlocker Enhancements, already used the BitLocker config tool (the partition is created) and now i wanted to use Bitlocker. But I can't find it under Controlpanel, because 1st I removed the Security Center (there it should be if i'm right) and second i removed bitlocker (I thought the Windows Update would bring it back when beeing downloaded).

So now I need to get the Security Center and Bitlocker back. But how do I do it? I Installed 7-zip and looked in the install.wim, couldn't find anything (and as 7-zip doesn't have a search function, I'm not likely to find it by myself).

So, any suggestions? Or is Bitlocker there and I just can't find it (a run command to get to it would be nice)

greetz

lUp