CD key, unattended setup and related

K404

Hey! I've seen a few other posts relating to similar problems, but the solution has led elsewhere so...

I tried an XP Pro install through nLite to remove all the crap I dont need that just fills space, and to slipstream SP2, allow unattended install etc etc

I managed to make a bootable CD fine (for a change) but once I got to the file copy, I had..maybe 150? files that could not be copied and I had to tell the install to skip each one.

So far, so not good, but then my CD key was deemed invalid. My key was entered correctly, and the key is fine.

I also have no joy trying to use an nLite install with a RAID on an ICHxR chipset.

Are these problems just "tough, deal with it" or have I missed a thing or 2?

Cheers!

Kenny

Using this install attempt..I realise how much I miss my RAID- XP install is sooo much faster using it!

For the files that cannot be copied, it can be a bad media or a fault in the ISO making process.

For the invalid key, did that key work with your source files before nLiting ? Probably not. The key and the type of XP source are linked.

For the RAID setup, you'll need to slipstream the drivers in the install CD if possible.