DHCP boottime

fizban2

I just looked at ours. The times were very similar. took 21 seconds before it recieved a DHCP address and then took 75 seconds before it was pingable. Cant tell you if its always been this way since I just started but it does seem a bit slow to me this way. I know this is an old post but I am hoping you found out the problem as This is a 2000 server and not 2003 (Cheap people!) Anyway let me know

have a good day.

That sounds worse than dialing with dial-up!

Well in my case it was a dummy error. Mine was related to DNS. for some reason they used to manually enter DNS. Well we just changed DNS and with the old DNS in there it would try but time out before moving on. Once I chost to auto find dns the pcs started connecting a lot faster. However now I have to find a way to make that change to all the machines. Hope it doenst involve touching each one because dam Im gonna get tired of all that clicking.

One question for you have you tried forcing DNS just for the hell of it just to see if that would help? I know you said it doesnt seem to be a DNS problem but maybe since they are both on the same server they are griping with each other for some reason. Just an idea.

Thanks!!