HDV Camcorder Drivers

Mechman

After reconfiguring XP using the latest nLite version I found that my Canon HV10 camcorder was no longer recognized by XP although it worked fine with my earlier version of an nLiten'd XP. I did not remove the Camcorder option when configuring XP with nLite. Please note that this is the IEEE 1394 camcorder interface that I am having a problem with not USB. Does anyone know how I might download the camcorder driver library from Microsoft that comes with the full version of XP Pro?

I had that problem with my digital camera, and I think it might have also needed the Teletext Codec as well. It was either that or Video Capture, one is needed for the camera driver and the other for WIA to work right.

I have checked out the Canon Canadian and US web sites looking for XP drivers for the HV10 unfortunately they do not list any. I suspect it is because the generic drivers provided with XP do the job. In looking over my XP nLite configuration I see that I have excluded "Telnet". Would this be the module that contains the Teletext Codec? If so is there any way of adding this back in with having to go back to square 1? After spending several hours installing various apps on my latest nLite OS I found the camcorder issue so am hoping to patch this if possible.

The Video Capture module was included in my nLite configuration. I checked out the windows update catalog for camcorder drivers but nothing was lsited for Canon. Much appreciate the suggestions though.

Much appreciate the responces to my post. I compiled another nLite configuration with a few minor changes and this time the HDV camcorder was alive and well. I do recall getting a message during the previous nLite XP install that a file was corrupted or not read properly and I suspect that was the reason why my camcorder drivers were not installing properly. Everything seems to be working fine although I'll be checking his functionality first on my next nLite project. After spending a lot of time installing several aps I came upon this problem so it was rather frustrating. Cheers to all!

Edited by Mechman