Domian Issue

bodes

I have just add the 1st PC to my domain I have created, I have Windows Server 2003, and the PC I am connecting to it is a XP Box, As soon as I connect it to the Domain I lose Internet Connectivity.

Are you using your router for DHCP, or the server? If it is the latter, make sure that (as stated above) that the DNS settings are correct.

For a smaller network, especially if you're using an commecial internet connection with single public IP and a router using NAT, I would suggest allowing the router to perform the DHCP role.

For a smaller network, especially if you're using an commecial internet connection with single public IP and a router using NAT, I would suggest allowing the router to perform the DHCP role.

Actually, I'd recommend the exact opposite. Some routers, especially cheaper ones for small networks, don't allow configuration of the DHCP server other than specifying the IP range.

Actually, I'd recommend the exact opposite. Some routers, especially cheaper ones for small networks, don't allow configuration of the DHCP server other than specifying the IP range.

True, I should have elaborated...

If your not running your own DNS, WINS, etc., it may be best to use the automatic configuration the router provides--if you want full control of these settings, running DHCP from the server would be best.

If your not running your own DNS, WINS

If you're running an Active Directory domain you have to be running your own DNS...no way around it. :)

You should, at least for now, be running WINS as well for older apps. It's not strictly a requirement like DNS is though.