Quick Question

Hackez

I was just curious as to when Nuhi is planning on releasing the next version of nLite. I fully understand he cannot set a concrete date and stick to it because he does this in his own free time and does it for free as well.

I was just curious if it would be worth delaying reformatting for a couple days in the expectation of a new release. I normally wouldn't ask or even expect an answer but it seems quite a few people are having some severe issues with 1.4 Beta so I'm somewhat hesitant to use it. (Am I incorrect in my assumption a decent amount of people are having issues with 1.4b?)

I ask you please don't flame me for asking, I was just curious if there was a remote possibility because I don't want to have to reformat back to back.

Thanks A Bunch! :hello:

Nuhi cannot work on both vLite and nLite at the same time, he has just released a new version of vLite (today) and now has started working on nLite (mainly fixes) so it will take longer than a couple of days

Liam

Nuhi cannot work on both vLite and nLite at the same time, he has just released a new version of vLite (today) and now has started working on nLite (mainly fixes) so it will take longer than a couple of days

Liam

Thanks for the response, can any quote on how reliable 1.4b is? I'm going to be burning a disc to reformat Windows XP later today propably.

Would you guys recommend using nLite 1.4b or should I stick to nLite 1.35?

i removed lots n i mean lots...( i had 53 components left) and it worked great, make sure that you dont need acomponent before you select it for removal

do NOT remove"NETLOGON" though that causes alot of problems

all languages are safe to remove, same with keyboard layouts (keep your own obviously lol)

If you unsure about a component just ask, i always use the latest so 1.4b

Edited by legolash2o

The only thing I know that do not work in 1.4beta for XP are some tweaks

My computer context menu, regedit and eventlog viewer.

For XP x64 "press any button... boot message" don't work and the tweak "use and background image for each folder type" when set to disable, enable maybe works in XP x64

Is there something else for both 32 and 64bit XP ?

hi,

not just disk management, windows itself, i got alot of problems when i removed it

I removed "net logon" , and didn't experienced any problem so far ....

May I have more information about your encountered problem ?

Is it a connection problem ?

I'm directly connected to a router, that might be the difference ?

Net Logon that breaks Disk Management

works fine , again for me ...

might also come from the original iso used (mine have some hotfix already integrated before I used nlite).