Windows Classic Logon Screen

warhawk03

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but this seems to be the place to find help. I was following the "Unattended Windows" guide on the website about logon screens. I've changed the bitmaps for the classic logon to show my company image. In order to do so, I had to use ResEdit to change and create a new MSGINA.dll file. I renamed the old one, msgina.old, and the new one msgina.dll. Now, everything works great, except when I lock my workstation, or simply log off of windows. When I do either, I don't have a box to enter my user name and password at all. No image, no box. Where did I go wrong? I only modified the GinaDLL string in the registry as the tutorial said on the website. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Do you mean, opening up shell32.dll in ResEdit and changing underneath the BITMAP folder the bitmap that I want to change? Or is it through the Registry editor in XP? I'm hesitant to dive and and make drastic changes, so I'm just looking for a little more direction, but no worries.

Do you mean, opening up shell32.dll in ResEdit and changing underneath the BITMAP folder the bitmap that I want to change? Or is it through the Registry editor in XP? I'm hesitant to dive and and make drastic changes, so I'm just looking for a little more direction, but no worries.

Yes You can user ResHacker

I changed the bitmap in shell32.dll and nothing changed. When I log in, I'm not prompted to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, however my settings say it should. I can log in once, but when I log off, I do not have a login screen to enter my user name and password anymore, and when I attempt to shutdown or restart from the Start menu, nothing ever comes up on screen.

Why are these changes happening when I'm only changing a couple bitmaps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...